Peripatetic strolls: Fear
- 13 from October 2020 from 10:00 to 11:00
- 14 from October 2020 from 12:00 to 13:00
- 15 from October 2020 from 10:00 to 11:00 - 19:00 to 20:00
- 16 from October 2020 from 12:00 to 13:00 - 17:00 to 18:00
- 17 from October 2020 from 10:00 to 11:00 - 19:00 to 20:00
- 18 from October 2020 from 12:00 to 13:00 - 19:00 to 20:00
- In person (by prior registration)
Fear provides the focus of the first of the two proposed strolls. What is it about humans that scares us? The other, the unknown, has created fear in human beings throughout history and sometimes brought about a negative reaction among them: flight, rejection, conflict, aggression, etc. Revisiting the classics can help to bring us closer and rethink our fears.
The peripatetic school was created in Athens three centuries before Christ and consisted of Aristotle's followers who literally walked as they attended their philosophy classes.
La Casa dels Clàssics would like to follow their example, so it is proposing we all reflect together while walking. Peripatetic strolls are therefore a joint-reflection exercise based on the city's architectural and symbolic elements which will enable us to re-read the classics from a present-day perspective.